|Bild: Daniela B. / pixelio.de|
- 4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 onions quartered and sliced
- 4 oz. Gruyère
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place a large pot of water on to boil an add salt.
- Now make the dough. Mix the eggs with milk and add to the flour and salt. Mix until the dough is smooth. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes, then mix it again.
- I prepare the spaetzle with the Tupperware "Spätzleria". But you can also proceed to another manual.
- When the water boils you can begin.
- When the spaetzle has floated to the top of the water, remove it to a bowl.
Repeat with the entire dough.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add onion. Cook them until golden. Add now the cheese and let him melt.
- Once the cheese has melted add the spaetzle to the pan. Stir the cheese spaetzle. If necessary, you can taste with pepper.